July 21, 2016
Our Inaugural Fundraising EventThe ABSATF would like to extend a large and sincere thank you to our colleagues, families, friends, and sponsors. Because of your support, the ABSATF had a successful Inaugural Fundraising Event and met 80% of its fundraising goal! Your willingness to help prevent substance use and abuse in our community makes all the difference for youth that live in and/or attend school in Allston-Brighton.
We have another busy year ahead of us and your donation will help us to:
- Foster advocacy skills in our Youth Coalition as they continue creating and providing peer-to-peer substance abuse prevention workshops for Allston-Brighton youth.
- Continue to bring positive healthy messaging, such as participation in the national Above the Influence art project that will be displayed around the Allston-Brighton community.
- Partner with Boston Public Health Commission to lead prescription drug abuse, alcohol, and other City of Boston drug prevention strategies in our community.
- Partner with Boston Police Station D-14 to continue underage drinking prevention strategies.
- Promote healthy lifestyles for youth through community partnerships including Road to the Right Track.
- Host community education forums in Fall 2016 and Spring 2017.
If you would like to become a part of the ABSATF or make a donation to the ABSATF please contact Helen Connolly at 617-789-3279 or Helen.Connolly@steward.org.
Thank you again to our generous sponsors:
Brighton Marine Health Center
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center
Gold Sponsors Boston University
The Hamilton Charitable Foundation
Harvard Business School
Addiction Treatment Center of New England
Boston College Neighborhood Center
Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky & Popeo, P.C.
Nutter, McClennen & Fish, LLP
Boston Police Athletic League
Franciscan Children’s Hospital
The Haughey Company
Brian J. Honan Charitable Fund
Boston City Councilor Mark Ciommo
Charles River Community Health Inc.
Jackson Mann Community Center
Joe and Debbie Walsh
Top row left to right: Deb Larson, Rep. Kevin Honan, Senator William Brownsberger, Councilor Michael Flaherty, and Councilor Mark Ciommo.
Bottom row left to right: Maria DiChiappari, Helen Connolly, Deirdre Houtmeyers, Police Commissioner William B. Evans, and Elizabeth Leary.
Fundraising Event Honoree, Deirdre Houtmeyers (President & CEO, St. Mary's Center for Women and
Left to right: Frank Hughes (BPD D-14 Community Service Office), Youth Coalition member Andrew Wong, and Sergeant Shawn Burns (BPD D-14).